The Paddington Society was formed by concerned citizens four decades ago with clear objectives that encompass architectural integrity, community facilities, lifestyle, cultural development, and maintaining a history of this special environment. These farsighted urban activists developed aims that are even more relevant today. Here they are:
- To maintain all features of Paddington having beauty, architectural or historical value.
- To preserve existing open spaces and expand these for the health and enjoyment of our community.
- To maintain harmony with existing architectural patterns where new buildings are constructed.
- To prevent disfiguring of premises, streets, and open spaces by ugly advertisements, poles, wires and "unseemly structures".
- To protect residents from noise and other nuisances that prevent the quiet enjoyment of their homes.
- To encourage community activities.
- To protect and enhance the amenities of Paddington.
- Assure the safety and convenience of cultural amenities in Paddington.
- Record and maintain a history of the area.
In addition to these objectives the Society has a detailed charter of its methods of operation and responsibilities to the community contained in an extensive Constitution. You can download a copy of it by clicking here. (Approximately 30 pages)